The Ausangate Trek 4 Days is considered the crown jewel of the Andes. This is not a journey for everyone, but those who want to get off the beaten track will find it a lifelong experience.
This Ausangate Trek 4 Days is very impressive around the Ausangate Mountain (6372msnm) and the Rainbow Mountain. The worldview developed by the Incas, the Apu Ausangate was one of the most sacred mountains in the time of the Incas and is still today, this snowy mountain is located to the South East of the City of Cusco and way to the highlands, the lake Titicaca exit of the Incas in the legend of Manco Capac and Mama Ocllo. This walk offers us spectacular and majestic landscapes of the Puna region, our walk will be surrounded by snow-capped mountains, lagoons, South American camelids (llamas and alpacas) if we are lucky we can also see Vicuñas
- Duration: 4 days and 3 nights.
- Drop in Point: Cusco hotel.
- Drop off Point: Cusco hotel.
- Recommended Season: Better from April to October.
- Altitude: 3,800 masl to 5,000 masl.
- Phyisical Level: Moderate to Challenging.
- Average Temperature on the Day: 15 ºC to 25 ºC
- Average Temperature on the Night: 4ºC to -10º C.
- Recomendation: 2-day acclimatization required.d.
The highlights of the trip
- Hike through remote Andean valleys and pass through the impressive Ausangate Trek
- Share special experiences with the last descendants of the Incas, learn about their rites and ancestral traditions, celebrate a ceremony to Mother Earth (Pachamama) with the “Hoja Sagrada de la Coca”
- Experience the best trekking in the Andes, with fabulous views of the Apu Ausangate, the red, turquoise and green lakes.
- Taste the only typical dish of the Incas “Pachamanca”
- Connect your body and mind with the best energy of the Apus and the sacred mountains of the Incas
- Discover the Inca Roads with our local guides.
Ausangate Trek Itinerary Overview
- DAY 1: Cusco Tinki – Upis 5:30 – 16:00
- DAY 2: Upis – Abra Arapa- Pucacocha 7: 30- 16:00
- DAY 3: Pucacocha- Abra Ausangate- Abra Warmisaya- Cocha Map 7:30 – 15:30
- DAY 4: Map Cocha – mountain 7 Colors -Cusco 7:00 – 13:30 Bus to Cusco, arrival 18:30
FIRST DAY CUSCO UPIS
To Start our 4-Day Ausangate Trek we pick up from your hotel in Cusco early 5:30 then we will go to the town of Tinki, start of our walk, in this place we will meet with our Arriero will be waiting with the horses that will transport the tents. will be approximately four hours of moderate inclination.
On the way we can see fields of crops, Shepherds of Llamas, Alpacas and traditional houses. The temperature is more frigid because we will approach the snow of Ausangate. Arriving at Camp Upis we have the option to enjoy Thermo Medicinal Waters before dinner. The camp is 4350 meters above sea level, we will spend the night.
- Hiking Time: 4 hours
- Food A, C.
SECOND DAY: UPIS – ABRA ARAPA – PUCA COCHA
After an early Andean breakfast, we will continue our hike to Abra Arapa at 4750 masl. The climb will take approximately two hours, in the course we will enjoy panoramic views of the majestic Ausangate Mountain and its surroundings, From the Abra we will descend along a cliff that divides the mountains, with views of different colorful lakes, in the Yanacocha lagoon We will have lunch, after a break we will start the walk towards the Lake of Puca Cocha where we will camp.
- Duration of the walk: 5:30 hours
- Feeding: D, A, C.
THIRD DAY: PUCACOCHA – ABRA AUSANGATE – ABRA WARMI SAYA – MAP COCHA
After an early breakfast we will ascend to Ausangate Abra 4850 masl from where we will observe impressive landscapes, valleys and snow-capped mountains, in some times we can observe condors and vicuñas in this part.
Later we will descend to the place called Anante where the cook waits for us with a nutritious and energetic lunch after a short rest, we will cross wide valleys and colorful hills, then we will ascend to the Warmisaya pass at 4950 masl from this point we can observe the colorful mountain, after relax we will descend to our camp in Mapacocha.
- Hike: 5: 30hoursAprox.
- Feeding: D, A, C.
FOURTH DAY: MAP COCHA- MONTAÑA DE 7 COLORES – CHILLIHUANI – CUSCO
Very early after breakfast we will start the walk to visite the Rainbow Mountain , we will have the possibility to arrive before several people arrive, to be able to enjoy Nature to the fullest, after making the visit we will descend to the Chillihuani where we will have lunch and We will take the bus to return to Cusco, likewise at this point we will say goodbye to the Arriero
Includes in the Ausangate Trek
- Transportation Cusco – Tinki. (Start of trek) – Cusco
- Ausangate Tour
- Rainbow Mountain tour
- Professional bilingual guide (English – Spanish)
- Entrance tickets
- 03 Breakfasts -03 Lunches -03 Dinners
- First aid kit
- Arriero and Horses
- Ausangate Trek 4 Days Camping Equipment “Waterproof Triple Stores for every 02 people and personal Matras” – Dining, Kitchen and Bathroom Shops
- Return bus Chillihuani – Cusco
Ausangate Trek 4 Days : What You Need To Know
During our tour, we will climb up to 4900m/16076f. We will be able to experience extreme weather, although it may be a little difficult to walk, our local guides will make your trip as pleasant as possible; but we always recommend that you should be well acclimatized and in good physical condition.
Sometimes the weather can be humid, so we recommend that you bring a change of clothes for each day.
Packing List Ausangate 4 Days Trip
- Sleeping back.
- Backpack with rain shelter.
- Clothing for warm and cold climate like a waterproof jacket.
- Rain pants and lightweight pants.
- Confortable trekking shoes (No New Shoes).
- Slippers or sandals (for showers and hot springs).
- Woolen or synthetic socks and a sweater.
- Long- and short-sleeved polo’s/T-Shirts.
- Waterproof Parka Jackets a hat.
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes).
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, disinfecting alcohol and gel, water bottle and sterilizing tablets, toiletries and toilet paper.
- Camera (wrapped in plastic bag), a flash light and batteries.
- Snacks (chocolate bars and dry fruit)
- Original passport, original ISIC student card and extra money in soles.
- Since the weather can be very cold and moistly, your clothes – once gotten wet – it will not dry at night. So take some clothes to change.
Physical Activities in the Ausangate Trek 4 Days
Our Travelers should have good physical preparation. Most days are spent at high altitude (7,000 fasl to 17,000 fasl).
For the hiking portion of the trip, we will stay at elevations between 14,000 fasl-16,986 fasl and sleep up to 15,797 fasl.
Most days we walk 5 to 7.5 miles with average elevation gains of 1500 fasl and downhills about 3000 fasl, some of which are quite steep. When you arrive in Peru, you should be able to walk up to 8 miles, averaging 2 miles per hour, without major disturbances on the ground with some steep slopes for several days in a row. To help combat the effects of altitude, incorporate hills and stairs into your training.
Prices in Private Service
|Number of people||Price per person|