Around the Ausangate you can see colorful mountains like Vinincunca, Palcoyo among others, in this part of our hike, you can see 7 lakes of different colors, in the time of the Incas this snowy was sacred as well as the lakes, in the presente times local people continue maintaining their traditions since it is very important for them, these 7 lakes provide water for their local people, South American Camelids and their crops.
This 7 Lakes Ausangate Tour is very beautiful, you can observe the lagoons, the flora, fauna and the snow-capped mountains belonging to the Vilcabamba mountain range. After the tour you can enjoy the thermal baths with a view of the snow-capped mountains.
7 Lakes Ausangate Tour Details
- TYPE OF TOUR: Walking.
- SITES TO VISIT: Seven lakes around the Ausangate mountain.
- TOUR DURATION: Full Day
- AVAILABILITY AND DEPARTURES: Every day.
- MAXIMUM ALTITUDE: 5000masl / 16000 fasl.
- DIFFICULTY: moderate to strong You need some physical preparation, if you have already done the Rainbow Mountain and La Laguna de Humantay hike you will have no problem, check out this article
Day 1: Cusco – Tinki (3955 m.) – Pacchanta (4205 m.) – Lagoons (4860 m.) – Cusco
Very early we pick you from your Hotel (3am) then we head east from Cusco by paved road, on this route we will pass through several villages until we reach the town of TINKI From here we’ll divert to Pacchanta for 40 minutes by on a country road, where we will have a very energetic breakfast, after a brief explanation and recommendation we will begin the walk to the seven lakes that are on the slopes of the snowy Ausangate.
This hike lasts between 5 to 5.30 hours. The lakes are located near Alqacocha, Pucacocha Azulcocha, Otorongo and Q’omercocha, we will have very close to the Ausangate 6834 masl, Mariposa 5842 masl. Jampa 5500 masl. Pucapunta 5740 masl, Caracol 5625 masl. Tinki 5300 masl. And all the Qayangate Mountain range, likewise we will be able to enjoy the fauna, flora and the South American camelids Alpacas and Llamas, sometimes the Condor appears.
After exploring the place we will return to Pacchanta where you can enjoy the medicinal hot springs ideal for relaxing after the hike. After lunch we will return to the city of Cusco, where we will leave you in the center of the city.
- Meals: Breakfast and lunch
- Maximum altitude: 4,850 meters / 15912 feet
- Travel time: 3.40 hours by tourist bus
- Walking time + 5 hours
- Approximate distance: 16 km
It is included
- Official Tourist Guide (English / Spanish)
- Tourist Transport – Cusco – Pacchanta – Tinki – Cusco.
- First aid kit + oxygen.
- Food: breakfast, lunch (buffet)
- Entrances tickets to the attractive centers.
- Horse rental $18.00 per person
- Entrance to thermal baths S/ 5.00
- Personal expenses.
- Snacks (i.e. dried fruit, chocolates, granola bars, nuts, etc.)
- Cash and coins for the use of toilets on the trail
- Extra clothes to avoid cold and wind
- Hat, gloves, sun block, sunglasses
- Trekking shoes/boots
- 1-liter water bottle
- Daypack 35 liters
- Trekking poles
- Extra money
- Toilet paper
- Lip Balm
- Personal medication
- Digital Camera, Smartphone or Reflex Camera (The views are breathtaking and you don’t want to miss any scenes)
- Extra contribution suggested money for tipping porters, cook and guide. and for any emergency
Prices in Private Service
|Number of people||Price per person|
Prices for the 7 Lakes Ausangate Tour
We recommend doing this tour in private service, to go at your own pace and have more freedom to take pictures wherever you want; we take care of the welfare and tranquility of our passengers and give a quality service
- 2 persons 118.00 DOLLARS PER PERSON
- 4 persons 90.00 DOLLARS PER PERSON
- 6 persons 75.00 DOLLARS PER PERSON
Group or Shared Service In groups of 8 persons
- $ 75.00 person