Duration: Full Day
Tour Type: Walking
Max.Height : 5,200 msnm
Group sizes: +2
Fisica Level: Moderate
Surprise yourself with an unparalleled destination Rainbow Mountain Tour: the hike to the Vinicunca or Rainbow Mountain in one day. The mountain Vinicunca offers a dream landscape to have the seven colors of the rainbow stacked one over the other.
Like a multicolored mantle or the reflection of the rainbow in the earth, Vinicunca rises to be admired throughout the year. This destination is located at almost 5 000 meters of height (16 400 feet) and three of walking time.
The radiant sun will accompany you along the route as well as families of auquénidos likellamas or alpacas, sheep, horses and the imposing landscape of mountains that will be the protagonists of their photographs.
- Tour Name: Rainbow Mountain Tour
- Duration: Full Day- 3:40am- 6pm
- Distance: 15km/ 9.3miles
- Minimum altitude: 3850 masl
- Maximun altitude: 5200masl
- Difficulty: moderate/difficult
- Walking hours: 5 hrs. approximately
Dare to take this adventure and be able to appreciate this gift of nature with your family or friends. This tour is complementary to Machu Picchu. It is available 365 days a year. You can start this adventure both in group and in private. Reserve now!
Itinerary Rainbow Mountain Tour
Included in the Trip
- Briefing a day before the tour.
- Transportation Cusco – Kairawiri – Cusco
- Food: 01 Breakfast- 01 box lunch (if you are vegetarian, please let us know).
- Accredited Professional Guide
- First-aid kit
- Entrance to the Mountain of the 7 Colors.
Not Included in the Rainbow Mountain Tour
- Mineral water
- Walking poles
- Tips (optional).
LIST OF THINGS YOU SHOULD TAKE IN THE BACKPACK
- A light backpack with Rainwear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for about $ 2.
- Heavy-duty footwear, we recommend waterproof trekking boots. Extra stockings can not be missing (just in case).
- Warm clothing, including jacket, gloves, scarf and hat. Thermal clothing is also recommended.
- Camera, and extra batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain and cold.
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Cash – enough for snacks and souvenirs.
- This tour is involves at least 5 hours trekking so you should be reasonably fit to partake.
- There is a requirement of a minimum of 2 people to confirm this tour but it is usually confirmed everyday as it is popular.
This Rainbow Mountain Tour is available to depart any day of the week as long as we have two people.
US $ 50.00 per person
US $ 98.00 per person
- A horse can be rented for the trip from locals when you arrive if you desire, about US$25
Is It Difficult to Trek to the Rainbow Mountain Tour?
This hike has stretches with a high degree of difficulty so it is recommended to be in good physical condition.
Tourism and Excursions
Given the opportunity to be able to visit this beautiful mountain and its surroundings, the tourist agencies are making tours of one and two days.
The one day tour to the Rainbow Mountain tour, starts at 4am approx. And end at 6pm approx. Prices vary according to the services provided (tickets, horses, snacks, water, cooks, assistance) which gives them more quality over others.
And also a 2-day tour to the 7 Colors and Ausangate Mountain, this tour not only takes the walk but also that a ceremony is held with a shaman, this is the Pacha Mama or payment to the mother earth, Where positive energies are also filled with those who wish to do so. This tour also includes basic aspects such as complete feeding.
Visiting this beautiful tourist destination also has an invaluable detail, and is that at the top you can see the snowy Ausangate, which gives us a view out of series, perfect for photographers and fans.
Undoubtedly the whole sacrifice is worth it, since not only can you know one of the many wonders that we have in Peru but contribute to the development of small self-sufficient communities and this will without doubtIt’ll make you feel better.
It is also worth mentioning that the people have organized themselves to provide basic services such as basic but very useful bathrooms, so the locals charge some money, who use it in their basic needs.