Duration: Full Day
Tour Type: Cultural
Max.Height : 2,430 msnm
Group sizes: +2
Fisica Level: Moderate
Machu Picchu tour Classic.- For all those travelers who do not have much time, you can visit Machu Picchu traveling by train and getting on the bus to Machu Picchu Citadel, always enjoying a comfortable trip and with one of our experts guides throughout the tour.
We will take you to one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba river to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you will enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the high Andes along the route. Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes you will be greeted by your guide and will go directly to Machu Picchu for your guided tour of the site.
Machu Picchu, a beautiful Inca citadel built in the 15th century by the Inca Pachacutec, this impressive archaeological monument was considered a royal treasure destined for the cult of the gods, built as a refuge for the most select of the Incaica aristocracy, considered one of the 7 wonders of the world since 2007 and located at an altitude of 2400 meters in the valley of the Urubamba River, visiting this place will be for you an unforgettable experience never imagined.
Machupicchu Full Day Tour
Join this great adventure to unearth the mysteries of majestic Machu Picchu without having to walk the Inca Trail! Begin the day by getting up early and enjoying a scenic tide of the train to the Peruvian city of Aguas Calientes. Transfer to a bus for a tour to the archaeological site of Machu Picchu.
The word that most repeats every person who visits Machu Picchu is “imposing”. Those who do not run out of words. Visiting Machu Picchu is the opportunity to expose yourself to a unique combination in which man and nature “agreed” to display all the majesty possible. An Inca town on a rocky promontory at 2,400 m.a.s.l. All a feat, a masterpiece of architecture and engineering in an unparalleled landscape environment. No need to explain too why it is one of the most visited tourist destinations on the planet, and a place where we feel completely insignificant:
After the tour you will have free time to explore the complex at your own pace. Why not walk to the Puerta del Sol for panoramic views of the area below or stroll along the stone path of the Inca Bridge? Do not forget to capture the beauty of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, as there are plenty of photo-worthy moments waiting at every corner!
In the afternoon it is time to return to the bright lights of Cusco.You will catch the train and return to the city, away from the magnetic heritage of the mighty Machu Picchu – a fascinating place that will leave a mark on your soul.
Included in the Machu Picchu tour Classic
- Transfer in from the airport to your hotel the day of your arrival to Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency).
- Briefing a day before the trip in your Hotel.
- Local English speaking guide
- Train tickets in Expedition Service
- Bus tickets round trip
- Entrance Ticket to Machu Picchu Citadel
- Expedition train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Round-trip bus tickets from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (30mins)
- Guided tour in English 2 hours approximately – with a lot of free time for photos and extra hikes
- Small group from 2 to 8 people with an experienced english speaking guide
- Transfer out from your hotel to the airport the day you will leave Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency)
Not Included in the Trip
- Personal articles
- Lunch or snacks
- Tips for guides
- Water or any drink.
- Things not mentioned above.
LIST OF THINGS YOU SHOULD TAKE IN THE BACKPACK
- Original passport
- Hat or cap for the sun
- Digital Camera
- Depending on the time of the year you are visiting Machu Picchu you will have to wear a rain poncho and comfortable shoes
IMPORTANT: To confirm your reservation, please send us an email to: [email protected] You will have to indicate your personal information as: full name, nationality and passport number; To secure your train ticket and the entrance to Machu Picchu for this tour. Provide your passport details in the box of additional requests when making the reservation.
Please bring your passport and immigration card with you, as you will need to show them to the guide before starting the tour. Please note that cancellations made 7 days prior to travel will attract a 60% cancellation fee. Train and entry tickets are not transferable or refundable; Therefore, once Andean Peru Treks has confirmed their tickets, we can not change the name or date on the ticket, nor can we ask for a refund. As such, cancellations of 5 days or less before the booked date of your tour will attract a 100% cancellation. These cancellation terms supersede our normal Terms and Conditions.
The Machu Picchu Tour is available on any date:
Group Service or Shared Service:
US $ 310.00 per person
US $ 350.00 per person (from 2 to 6 people).
- People of Peruvian, Ecuadorian, Bolivian and Colombian nationalities are eligible for a special discount because they are members of the CAN – $20.00
- Students:$ 20.00 (Students require a valid International Student Identity Card – ISIC).
- Teenagers: $ 20.00 (up to 17 years of age, a copy of passport is required for all reservations).
- Children: $ 20.00(up to 7 years old, passport copy required for all reservations).
- Additional Night in Aguas Calientes: Some people prefer to spend the one more night in Aguas Calientes instead of returning to Cusco right away. This can give you more time to enjoy the ruins of Machu Picchu, relax in the hot springs in Aguas Calientes, and in general not have to worry about the time. This option is also good for those who want to climb Huayna Picchu but want to have some time to rest after the hike, so you can return to Machu Picchu the next day to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain. Please contact us at [email protected] for more information about options and prices.
- Vistadome Train: Our price includes the train ticket in the Expedition Service however, if you would like to upgrade to the Vistadome train the price is an additional $55 USD per person.
Machu Picchu is undoubtedly the most important monument made by the Incas. It was lost in the misty valleys of the Andes until its discovery in 1911. It is a spectacular stone-built citadel that is located on top of the mountains and is very close to the clouds, at 2,400 meters above sea level.
Every year thousands of travelers arrive at this enigmatic place through various means such as the train or the walks from Cusco, crossing steep mountain peaks, the beautiful valley and the ruins of Ollantaytambo. The world’s favorite destination is Machu Picchu, as millions of tourists say.
What is the best time to visit Machu Picchu?
The weather in the Andean region is recognized by two seasons: the dry season (from April to October) and the rainy season (November to March). Keep in mind that even though it is rainy season, in one day there may be rain, cloudy sky and even a lot of sun.
Today, travelers from all over the world come to visit Machu Picchu 365 days a year. The months with greater influx of tourists are from April to September. Machu Picchu is in the jungle’s eyebrows, so its climate is warm and humid. Temperatures vary between 8 º and 20 º C. It is advisable to wear clothing for cold and heat.
What kind of clothes and items do you need to bring with you for the trip?
Machupicchu is located in the rain forest. That is to say it counts on a warm climate but at the same time humid, reason why the type of dress that we recommend to use it is:
- If you travel during the rainy season (November – April), the best option is to wear a raincoat in addition to water and wind resistant clothing.
- Even if it’s hot in the morning, always carry a warm coat with you. It may be annoying to have to carry it during the visit, but it is better to be prepared for the afternoon wind.
- T-shirts with long sleeve (preferably) to avoid insect bites and / or annoying burns.
- Cap and sunglasses. A lightweight, comfortable cap will stay cool. The lenses will allow you to appreciate all the beauty of Machu Picchu without having to strain your eyes.
- Blocker and repellent. They are absolutely necessary, especially the repellent since the itching of the bites can ruin your visit. If you think that bugs have a particular taste for you, I would also recommend not wearing short clothing of any kind.
- Do not forget to bring water! Staying hydrated with purified or bottled water is the best thing one can do to stay healthy and energetic during the outing.