Duration: 8 Days
Tour Type: Walking
Max.Height : 2,430 msnm
Group sizes: +2
Cusco Explorer – 8 Days / 7 Nights
This tourist package is created for all those who wish to know the cultural importance left by one of the most important pre-Hispanic cultures of the world “The Incas”, you can also appreciate the majestic sacred valley accompanied by beautiful views of the Andes mountain range and also share some traditions and customs with local people.
DAY 1.- CITY TOUR (CATEDRAL, QORICANCHA, SACSAYHUMAN, QENQO, PUCA PUCARA, TAMBOMACHAY).
Beginning the tour in the historical center of the city visit to the Cathedral of Cusco, built between 1556 and 1654, its altarpieces are splendid, its pulpit is carved wood, from the end of the s. XVII, and the masonry of the choir is superb. Also highlights his collection of paintings from the Cuzco school. It has one of the richest jewellery treasures of colonial art. Later you will visit to the Temple of the Sun or Qoricancha, this set was dedicated to the religious worldview of the Andean world. Then you will go to Sacsayhuamán, an imposing example of Inca architecture 2 km north of the city center, famous throughout the world for the enormous carved rocks, united with astonishing precision. Then visit Qenko which is an outcrop of limestone rock on which have been carved intricate mythical representations, then visit Puca Pucará, served as a checkpoint of the Inca Trail. Finally you will visit Tambomachay to 7 km of the Cusco, popularly known as the baths of the Inca, important center of cult and water worship.
Hotel Night in Cusco.
DAY 2.- MARAS – MORAY – SALINERAS
We will pick you up from your hotel at 8:00 a.m. First we will make a stop in Chinchero, where we will appreciate the process of wool dyeing with the locals. Then we will continue to the salt mines of Maras where we will observe the process of salt extraction; After a brief rest we go to the agricultural center of Moray and after the explanation of the guide we will return to the city of Cusco.
Hotel Night in Cusco
DÍA 3.- VALLE SAGRADO DE LOS INCAS / PISAQ, URUBAMBA, OLLANTAYTAMBO – CONEXIÓN AGUAS CALIENTES MACHUPICCHU
Pick up from your hotel, in the morning around 8:00 am, first we go to the handicraft market of Pisaq, then we will ascend to the archaeological complex of Pisaq from the top of the mountain you can appreciate the beauty of this valley to appreciate the skills architectural features of the Incas.
Then we will continue through the valley to the small town of Urubamba where we will stop to enjoy the buffet lunch, later we will continue the trip to the Inca city of Ollantaytambo that preserves its streets and Inca houses made of stone. Ascend to the top of the Inca stands of this wonderful archaeological complex of great importance for its natural beauty and its strategic location, since from there you can see the entire valley.
After visiting Ollantaytambo, we stayed at the train station to board one to help us to Aguas Calientes where our assistant is waiting to leave at your hotel and then your accommodation to coordinate for the next day’s tour.
Hotel Night in Aguas Calientes
DAY 4.- MACHUPICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO
According to the coordination made with your guide the night before, you must board the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, once in the Sanctuary the guide will explain the meaning and history of each one of the places of this Inca complex. about 2 and a half hours, after your guided tour you will have free time to walk on your own and take pictures in the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
You must approach the station according to the departure time of your train back, and when you arrive at the Ollantaytambo station we will be waiting to bring you back to Cusco. Hotel Night in Cusco
Day 5: VALLE SUR
The South Valley of Cusco, the valley that is on the route to Puno. The trip covers a distance of about 45 km, along which you can see several local villages, highlighted by its beautiful landscape and environment, as well as the culture and cuisine intact. For example, we will pass by Saylla, known as the land of chicharrón, one of the typical dishes of Peru.
According to those who live there, the quality of the water they have in the area makes the dish of better quality, better than Cusco, and those offered on the street, in the corners, restaurants and some houses.
We also passed through the city of Tipón, famous for its archeological center and its roasted guinea pig. Another famous place en route is Oropesa, the birthplace of typical Cusqueño bread, where more than 200 large ovens work day and night to produce more than 25 different varieties.
We will also visit the town of Andahuaylillas, a very nice town, with a healthy and warm climate as a result of being surrounded by mountains on the left bank of the Vilcanota River. We visit the famous church known as the Sistine Chapel of America, due to the beauty of its mural paintings.
Between 8:30 and 9:10 a.m. : Pick up from the hotel or another place in the center of the city
Around 2:30 p.m .: End of the tour
Transportation: Tourist Bus
Duration: 5 – 6 hours
Others: The program is subject to change
Day 6: Tour Mountain of colors Vinicunca
Our 7 Colors Mountain Tour takes you to visit Vinicunca, the majestic Mountain of Colors, cataloged by the National Geographic magazine as one of the 100 places in the world that you must visit before dying, and one of the most visited tourist destinations in Cusco – Peru.
Walk with us through one of the enigmatic roads that lead to the Apu Ausangate. Explore the incredible landscapes of the magical and incredible mountains of the Peruvian Andes for a full day. Visit picturesque and millenary villages of the great Quechua culture. Observe hundreds of South American camelids grazing in their natural habitat. Connect your senses with nature and with the Apus (spirits of the mountains). And delight your eyes with the capricious and incredible natural coloration of the Rainbow Mountain that will leave you more than surprised.
The enigmatic and colorful colors of Vinicunca await you. What are you waiting for? Book our tour to the mountain of seven colors and live an unforgettable adventure. Venture!
- Type of Tourism: Trekking & Hiking.
- Duration: 1 day (Full Day).
- Service: Private and Exclusive, all included.
- Difficulty: medium (1 hour of walking).
- Period: May – November
Day 7: Laguna Humantay Tour
At the agreed time, approximately 04:30 am, we will go to your hotel to pick you up and start the trip, heading to the Northeast of the City of Cusco. In the tour we will pass through different towns, hamlets to the town of Limatambo, from this point we will ascend towards the town of Mollepata. Place where we will have breakfast and lunch, On the way we will make stops at the Mirador de Markahuasi, and observe the archaeological remains of the same name, at this point the guide will provide detailed information of the place after enjoying breakfast we will continue our trip by car to Soraypampa During the journey, the guide will provide information on flora and fauna and local customs.
Arriving at Soraypampa, starting point for the walk our guide will explain the correct way to walk in the heights, the time of travel and distance, also provide them with a small snack and canes for their best progress. The hike lasts approximately 2 hours, reaching the beautiful Laguna de Humantay we can appreciate the beautiful scenery, and the imposing view of the snowy Humantay and Salkantay, after a short rest and enjoy the photos, we will return by the same route to Soraypampa, We will take our mobility and return to Mollepata, where we will enjoy this time a delicious lunch and then return to the city of Cusco, but not before visiting the archaeological site of Tarawasi and Killarumiyoq. Transfer to the hotel in Cusco.
- HOME: Cusco, Peru
- FINISH: Cusco, Peru
- MAXIMUM HEIGHT: 4200 m.s.n.m
- TOTAL DISTANCE: 8 km.
- LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Moderate
- BETTER TIME TO VISIT: May-Nov
Day 8: Farewell
At the agreed time, transfer from the hotel to the Airport (Courtesy of the company).
Included in the Trip:
- Transfer in from the airport to your hotel the day of your arrival to Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency).
- Entrance tickets to all the archeological and natural places to visit.
- Professional English guide
- Breakfast included in the hotels.
- Box Lunch on third day.
- Breakfast and box lunch the fourth day.
- Bus tickets – round trip (second and third day)
- Entrance Ticket to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu citadel.
- Round trip – Train tickets in Expedition service.
- Tourist Transportation.
- 3 nights in the Aranjuez Hotel – Cusco (3 basic stars).
- 1 night in the Muyurina Hotel – Aguas Calientes Machupicchu
- Transfer out from your hotel to the airport the day you will leave Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency).
Not Included in the Trip:
- Meals and things, not mentioned above.
- Entrance to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes town (S / 10 soles).
- Entrance to Waynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain ($ 20 USD optional).
- Things not mentioned above.
- It is only necessary to carry a small backpack (luggage limit 10kg, this is established by Peru rail.)
- Bring your original passport
- Water to drink 1.5 liters
- Camera with memories and battery full charged
- Poncho for rain (depends of the season)
- A change of clothes
- Basic toiletries
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with UV protection
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots
- ISIC student card if applicable
- Have checks and coins handy in small denominations soles or dollars.
- Students: $ 20.00 (Students require a valid International Student Identity Card – ISIC).
- Teenagers: $ 20.00 (up to 17 years of age, a copy of the passport is required for all reservations).
- Children: $ 20.00(up to 7 years old, passport copy required for all reservations).
- In private service, our passengers have the option to change the starting hours, previous coordination with the agent or the guide.
- In shared service, our passengers have to comply with the established hours.
|N° of People||Shared Service $||Private Service $|
|3 – 4 People||618.00||760.00|
|5 + People||Please contact us for special price!|
Our private service includes all the things mentioned above and also de following things:
- Private tourist transport (just for the number of people who book the tour).
- Highest category hotel “Garcilazo I”, located at one block from the main square of Cusco; and Inti Punku Machupicchu at Aguas Calientes the third day.
- Box Lunch the second day.
- Buffet Lunch the third day at Tunupa Restaurant in the Sacred Valley.
- Vista dome Train: Our price includes a return train ticket in the Expedition train, however, if you would like to upgrade to the Vista dome train the price is an additional $55 USD per person.
- Huayna Picchu: If you are interested in climbing Huayna Picchu, the mountain overlooking Machu Picchu, there is an additional fee of $20 USD per person for us to buy your entrance ticket. Spaces are limited, so please let us know when booking whether you would like to hike Huayna Picchu, and we will reserve it for you.
- Highest category hotel in Cusco or Aguas Calientes.