Duration: 10 Days
Tour Type: Walking
Max.Height : 3,033 msnm
Group sizes: +2
Fisica Level: Intermediate
DAY 1.- CITY TOUR (CATEDRAL, QORICANCHA, SACSAYHUMAN, QENQO, PUCA PUCARA, TAMBOMACHAY).
Beginning the tour in the historical center of the city visit to the Cathedral of Cusco, built between 1556 and 1654, its altarpieces are splendid, its pulpit is carved wood, from the end of the s. XVII, and the masonry of the choir is superb. Also highlights his collection of paintings from the Cuzco school. It has one of the richest jewelry treasures of colonial art. Later you will visit the Temple of the Sun or Qoricancha, this set was dedicated to the religious worldview of the Andean world. Then you will go to Sacsayhuamán, an imposing example of Inca architecture 2 km north of the city center, famous throughout the world for the enormous carved rocks, united with astonishing precision. Then visit Qenko which is an outcrop of limestone rock on which have been carved intricate mythical representations, then visit Puca Pucará, served as a checkpoint of the Inca Trail. Finally, you will visit Tambomachay to 7 km of the Cusco, popularly known as the baths of the Inca, important center of cult and water worship.
Hotel Night in Cusco.
DAY 2: CUSCO – CACHORA – CCAPULIYOC – CHIKISKA
We leave early in the morning towards the northwest of the city of Cusco (3350m) in our transport to the town of Cachora (2850m). Cachora, is the meeting place with the muleteers and their mules who will have to carry the camping equipment during the whole expedition.
The presence of Cerro Padreyoc is spectacular, with a very strategic viewpoint known as Capuliyoc (2800m); and in the depths the Apurimac canyon. The temperature increases each time we enter the canyon and our campsite is located in the forest of Chiquisca (1930m).
6 hours walk in a warm climate with mosquitoes
DAY 3: CHIKISKA – CHOQUEQUIRAO
After a good breakfast, we will begin the walk to the archaeological group of Choquequirao, the whole journey will be on the hill.
We will enjoy our delicious lunch near the rural community of Maranpata, then we will continue our camp at 5:00 p.m. where we will sleep in one of the Inca terraces, from which we will observe a beautiful sunrise.
DAY 4: CHOQUEQUIRAO – RIO BLANCO – MAIZAL
In the morning we will visit the whole archaeological group, we will enjoy the guided tour by 2 hours, at 10:00 a.m. we will continue with our walk, this day will be the heaviest because the whole day we will ascend to the sector of River Blanco, here we will stop for a moment to have lunch and we will have a brief stop then to continue until achieving our objective of the day, our camp is at 3 hours after the lunch in the sector of Cornfield.
DAY 5: MAIZAL – ABRA SAN JUAN – YANAMA
During the journey of this day we will ascend for a lapse of 3 hours, skirting the one opens up of Yanama we will descend and we will make a stop the Victoria mines, as extra activity you will be able to extract some silver (very abundant mineral in this area), these mines nowadays are abandoned; we will have lunch for this sector. Then we will descend until our camp Yanama where we will spend the night, the next day we will continue in the early morning.
l enjoy the guided tour by 2 hours, at 10:00 a.m. we will continue with our walk, this day will be the heaviest because the whole day we will ascend to the sector of River Blanco, here we will stop for a moment to have lunch and we will have a brief stop than to continue until achieving our objective of the day, our camp is at 3 hours after the lunch in the sector of Cornfield.
DÍA 6: YANAMA – ABRA YANAMA – TOTORA PAMPA
The walk of this day will be moderated because of the geography of the area, descending for some slopes where we will be able to observe a great biodiversity, the lunch will be in the area of Totora that is about 3 hours of the final camp, after the lunch we will walk until the camp of Collpa, in this place we will find some people of the place that sell drinks like soda, batteries and other articles.
After our long journey we will rest in this place and the following day we will continue with our adventure
DAY 7: COLLPA – PLAYA
The walk during this day will be very short but very attractive, we will have the opportunity to give us a refreshing bath in the cascades that descends of the mountain, we will also enjoy the delicious fruits as the granadilla, etc, then we will walk for some plantations of coffee and bananas, we will arrive to our camp when averaging out the half-day where we will have lunch and we will have a free afternoon to relax ourselves sighting the wonderful places.
DAY 8: THE BEACH – LLACTAPATA – HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES
After our typical breakfast, we will take the ascent road to Llactapata (2650m) where we will explore the Aobamba basin in the middle of the vegetation. We will also have the best view of the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu and other mountains. Then we continue our descent to Hidroelectrica where we will have our lunch and after a short break we will continue walking through the railway line for about 2 hours until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes, where we will spend the night in a lodging.
Hiking time 6 hours in a warm climate
Hotel night in Aguas Calientes
DAY 9: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After the breakfast we will take the bus that will drive us until Machu Picchu, in this archaeological place we will enjoy the guided tour by 2 hours, after we will have enough time to climb the Huaynapicchu Mountain.
In the afternoon we will return to the city of Cusco, on the train we will apend 4 hours arriving when averaging at 8:30 p.m.
Hotel Night in Cusco.
Day 10: RETURN
At the agreed time pick up to take you to the airport (Courtesy of the company).
The Service Includes
- Transfer in from the airport to your hotel the day of your arrival to Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency).
- Entrance tickets to the city tour.
- Cusco – Cachora transport.
- Professional English guide.
- Entrance to visit Machu Picchu.
- Bus Tickets (up-down)
- Train Tickets (Expeditions)
- Camp Equipment (carps)
- Mattress to sleep
- First-aid kit
- Food (7D/7A/7C)
- Chef and muleteers
- Horses to take the camp equipment.
- 2 nights in the Aranjuez Hotel – Cusco (3 basic stars).
- 1 night in the Muyurina Hotel – Aguas Calientes Machupicchu
- Transfer out from your hotel to the airport the day you will leave Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency).
The Service doesn’t include
- Sleeping bag (you can rent in our office).
- Horse to ride.
- Life insurance.
- Extra expenses.
- Meals and things not mentioned above.
- Entrance to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes town (S / 10 soles).
- Entrance to Waynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain ($ 20 USD optional).
We Recommend to Take Machupicchu 10 Days:
- A backpack.
- Original Passport.
- Warm Clothes.
- Walk Shoes.
- Small towel.
- Bathroom clothes.
- Jacket for rain.
- Canteen of Water.
- Camera and batteries.
- Repellent, Sun Block and Hat.
- Hygienic Paper.
- Bottle of wáter.
Note Machupicchu 10 Days:
- In private service our passengers have the option to change the starting hours, previous coordination with the agent or the guide.
- In shared service our passengers have to comply the established hours.
|N° of People||Price in $|
|3 – 4 People||1523.00|
|5 + People||Please contact us for special price!|
Optional services Machupicchu 10 Days:
- Vista dome Train: Our price includes a return train ticket in the Expedition train, however, if you would like to upgrade to the Vista dome train the price is an additional $55 USD per person.
- Huayna Picchu: If you are interested in climbing Huayna Picchu, the mountain overlooking Machu Picchu, there is an additional fee of $20 USD per person for us to buy your entrance ticket. Spaces are limited, so please let us know when booking whether you would like to hike Huayna Picchu, and we will reserve it for you.
- Highest category hotel in Cusco or Aguas Calientes.
- Students: $ 20.00 (Students require a valid International Student Identity Card – ISIC).
- Teenagers: $ 20.00 (up to 17 years of age, a copy of passport is required for all reservations).
- Children: $ 20.00(up to 7 years old, passport copy required for all reservations).