Duration: 5 Days
Tour Type: Cultural
Max.Height : 2,430 msnm
Group sizes: +2
Fisica Level: Intermediate
Magical Cusco – 5 Days / 4 Nights
This tour package is created for all those who wish to know the cultural importance left by one of the most important pre-Hispanic cultures of the world “The Incas”, you can also appreciate the majestic sacred valley accompanied by beautiful views of the Andes mountain range and also share some traditions and customs with local people.
DAY 1.- CITY TOUR (CATEDRAL, QORICANCHA, SACSAYHUMAN, QENQO, PUCA PUCARA, TAMBOMACHAY).
At the agreed time pick you up from the airport to your hotel (courtesy of the company).
Beginning the tour in the historical center of the city visit to the Cathedral of Cusco, built between 1556 and 1654, its altarpieces are splendid, its pulpit is carved wood, from the end of the s. XVII, and the masonry of the choir is superb. Also highlights his collection of paintings from the Cuzco school. It has one of the richest jewellery treasures of colonial art. Later you will visit to the Temple of the Sun or Qoricancha, this set was dedicated to the religious worldview of the Andean world. Then you will go to Sacsayhuamán, an imposing example of Inca architecture 2 km north of the city center, famous throughout the world for the enormous carved rocks, united with astonishing precision. Then visit Qenko which is an outcrop of limestone rock on which have been carved intricate mythical representations, then visit Puca Pucará, served as a checkpoint of the Inca Trail. Finally you will visit Tambomachay to 7 km of the Cusco, popularly known as the baths of the Inca, important center of cult and water worship.
DAY 2.- SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS / PISAQ, URUBAMBA, OLLANTAYTAMBO – CONNECTION AGUAS CALIENTES MACHUPICCHU
Pick up from your hotel, in the morning around 8:00 am, first we go to the handicraft market of Pisaq, then we will ascend to the archeological complex of Pisaq from the top of the mountain you can appreciate the beauty of this valley To appreciate the architectural skills of the Incas.
Then we will continue through the valley to the small town of Urubamba where we will stop to enjoy the buffet lunch, later we will continue the trip to the Inca city of Ollantaytambo that preserves its streets and Inca houses made of stone. We ascend to the top of the Inca grandstands of this wonderful archaeological complex of great importance for its natural beauty, and its strategic location, since from there you can appreciate the whole valley.
After visiting Ollantaytambo, we stayed at the train station to board one which takes us to Aguas Calientes where our assistant will be waiting for you to take you to your hotel and after your accommodation; you will make the arrangements for the next day’s tour.
DAY 3.- MACHUPICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES – CUSCO
Start: 7:00am approximately.
Finish: 10:00pm approximately.
According to the coordination’s made with your guide the night before you must board the bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu, once in the Sanctuary the guide will explain the meaning and history of each of the places of this Inca complex for around 2 Hour and a half, after your guided tour you will have free time to trek on your own and take photos in the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
You should approach the train station according to the schedule of your return train, and when you reach the train station we will be waiting to return to Cusco.
DAY 4.- RAINBOW MOUNTAIN
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco between 04:30 am and 04:45 am to go by minivan to Checacupe to the south valley of Cusco, continuing towards the town of Pitumarka (3800 masl) where we will stop to shop. We will continue by bus to an annex of Japura (breakfast) and then to kairawiri where we will start our walk at 4550 m.s.m. where we will have our breakfast. On the way we enjoy fantastic views of the Apu Ausangate (6384 m.s.), passing through impressive landscapes and small high-altitude lagoons. Until we reach the foot of the Vinicunca hill where we will need 400 meters to reach the highest point at 5200 m.s. (walking time 2:30 hours). After taking our photos we will return by the same road, where we will have a comforting lunch and our bus to return to Cusco.
Hotel Night in Cusco
DAY 5: RETURN TO CUSCO
At the agreed time we will pick you up to take you to the airport (Courtesy of the company).
Included in the Trip:
- Transfer in from the airport to your hotel the day of your arrival to Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency).
- Entrance tickets to all the archeological sites for visit.
- Professional English Guide.
- Lunch on third day (Maizal Restaurant-Sacred Valley).
- Breakfast at the hotels.
- Bus tickets – round trip (fourth day)
- Entrance Ticket for Machu Picchu citadel.
- Train ticket at 4.36 pm or 7:00 pm, from Ollantaytambo, (in high season the train times may be slightly different due to availability), in Expedition service.
- Train return (generally 18:20 pm) to Ollantaytambo and transport on to Cusco (in high season the train times may be slightly different due to availability), in Expedition service.
- Tourist Transportation.
- 3 nights in the Aranjuez Hotel – Cusco (3 basic stars).
- 1 night in the Muyurina Hotel – Aguas Calientes Machupicchu
- Transfer out from your hotel to the airport the day you will leave Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency).
Not Included in the Trip:
- Meals and things, not mentioned above.
- Entrance to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes town (S / 10 soles).
- Entrance to Waynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain ($ 20 USD optional).
- Things not mentioned above.
- It is only necessary to carry a small backpack (luggage limit 10kg, this is established by Peru rail.)
- Bring your original passport
- Water to drink 1.5 liters
- Camera with memories and battery full charged
- Poncho for rain (depends of the season)
- A change of clothes
- Basic toiletries
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with UV protection
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots
- ISIC student card if applicable
- Have checks and coins handy in small denominations soles or dollars.
Optional tour to Machu Picchu:
Visit to the Huayna Picchu Mountain, where there are only 400 people per day and if you want to climb this mountain; You will have to pay an extra cost of $ 20.00 dollars.
Another special mountain is the Machu Picchu Mountain whose cost is $ 20.00 extra dollars.
Activities during the hike:
We have 2 new activities that we can do during our expedition to the Inca Forest.
The first option is to river rafting on a boat across the Urubamba River for an average of 2 hours. Where we will cross the Class II and III Rapids, while witnessing diverse and beautiful landscapes. Cost: 30.00 dollars per person. (First day)
The second option is the Zip line, which consists of crossing through 6 cables the mountains. The distance between the cables is approximately 500 meters. Cost: 30.00 dollars (Third day).
- River rafting
- Zipline (Canopy)
Our private service includes all the things mentioned above and also de following things:
- Private tourist transport (just for the number of people who book the tour).
- Highest category hotel “Garcilazo I”, located at one block from the main square of Cusco; and Inti Punku Machupicchu at Aguas Calientes the third day.
- Box Lunch the second day.
- Buffet Lunch the third day at Tunupa Restaurant in the Sacred Valley.
- Vista dome Train: Our price includes a return train ticket in the Expedition train, however, if you would like to upgrade to the Vista dome train the price is an additional $55 USD per person.
- Huayna Picchu: If you are interested in climbing Huayna Picchu, the mountain overlooking Machu Picchu, there is an additional fee of $20 USD per person for us to buy your entrance ticket. Spaces are limited, so please let us know when booking whether you would like to hike Huayna Picchu, and we will reserve it for you.
- Highest category hotel in Cusco or Aguas Calientes.
- Students: $ 20.00 (Students require a valid International Student Identity Card – ISIC).
- Teenagers: $ 20.00 (up to 17 years of age, a copy of passport is required for all reservations).
- Children: $ 20.00(up to 7 years old, passport copy required for all reservations).
Vista dome Train: Our price includes a return train ticket in the Expedition train, however, if you would like to upgrade to the Vista dome train the price is an additional $55 USD per person.
Huayna Picchu: If you are interested in climbing Huayna Picchu, the mountain overlooking Machu Picchu, there is an additional fee of $20 USD per person for us to buy your entrance ticket. Spaces are limited, so please let us know when booking whether you would like to hike Huayna Picchu, and we will reserve it for you.
Highest category hotel in Cusco or Aguas Calientes.