DURATION: 4 HOURS
- 08:00 am – 08:30 am – In this period of time we make the pick-ups of the hotels that are located in the center of Arequipa.
- 08:30 am – We begin our journey towards the Sillar Route which is a tourist route with a lot of history and live culture, where quarries and areas where the sillar originated are visited.
The first point we will stop at will be the Añashuayco Quarry; which we will arrive in 45 minutes approx. It is currently in operation, the stonecutters carry out their work very early; in the place we will be able to appreciate an immense canyon with cliffs (walls of ignimbrita) that are several meters high, formed by the extraction for the formation of the Sillares. At this point we will tell you the history of the ashlar, the elaboration and the use that has always been given to it.
In this quarry you can see a Mega Detail of the Church of the Society of Jesus made by the stonecutters themselves. We can also visit some of them so they can explain to us what their daily work is like and make us experiment by cutting one of their stone blocks ourselves.
Then we will move to the Quebrada de Culebrillas, which is 30 minutes away from Añashuayco. Arriving at this point we will make a walk of approximately 20 minutes inside the small canyon that was formed by the passage of water, which has walls of 15 to 20 meters, while we enter it the walls of the canyon are increasing in height. At the end of the walk we can observe petroglyphs with descendants of the Wari culture more than a thousand years ago. Before returning to the city we will observe the Apachetas that are stone formations placed one on top of the other that are a symbol of gratitude towards nature and also attraction of good luck which cause a mystical sensation.
- 11:30 am – We will begin the return trip to the city of Arequipa.
- 12:30 pm – We will arrive at the center of Arequipa and leave them very close to the main square
- Professional Guide
- Income to places to visit
- Extra expenses
- Tips (optional)
PRICE: 20 DOLLARS PER PERSON