One of the most frequent questions I receive in the comments of the blog and social networks is to find a good and cheap hotel in Cusco. In the first place, “cheap” is relative, for me it means paying approximately 60 soles per double room; while for other people $ 30 (approximately 100 soles) per night is a good price. Secondly, “good” also depends on what we consider to be the minimum services that the hotel should offer. For me the main thing is to be clean, especially the bathroom, and that the rooms have windows.
Here I detail the relationship of 2 lodgings where I have stayed and one that my friend recommended:
- Hospedaje Urpicha: I stayed here on my last trip to Cusco in December 2016. I arrived here because they told me that close to the bus terminal you can find cheap hotels and that’s how it was. It cost me 25 soles a night in a simple room with a shared bathroom. I liked it for its family atmosphere, cleanliness and good room lighting. The bed was comfortable and the spacious bathroom was shared with 2 more rooms. I also had good wifi. The only drawback is that it is not located in the historic center but in the Pachacutec oval. But getting to the center of Cusco was quick with a combi and the ticket cost less than 1 sun. In 15 minutes it reached the center.
Contact: 979379843 Alm. Pachacutec D-6 Urb. El Ovalo
- The Traveler’s Inn: Here I stayed in 2011 and at that time I had a good price. I paid 50 soles for the double room with private bathroom, but now it is much more expensive. The good thing is its location, just 2 blocks from the main square. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Contact: 51-84-261643 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hostal Siesta: A friend recommended this lodging. She stayed in 2014 and was satisfied with the value for money. She paid 50 soles per soles per night in a double room. In December 2016 I asked and a single room cost 35 soles. It is located in the historical center and you can check its web hostal Siesta.
During all my search I learned the following tips:
- If the location within the city is important, go to googlemaps and search for “Cusco hotels”. All the hotels that have registered are listed on the map (there are several). When clicking on the marked points, the respective data will appear: telephone, web, description, etc. Not all contact information is always up to date but it allows you to scan your hosting according to the location you want.
- Search also on airbnb.com Here you will not find hotels but rooms in apartments or houses.
I hope this post is useful for you and I would appreciate it if you can comment more Cusco hotels that you know and recommend. to email@example.com