Duration: 2 Days
Tour Type: Walking
Max.Height : 2,430 msnm
Group sizes: +2
Machu Picchu tour Classic.- For all those travelers who do not have much time, you can visit Machu Picchu traveling by train and getting on the bus to Machu Picchu Citadel, always enjoying a comfortable trip and with one of our experts guides throughout the tour.
We will take you to one of the most incredible train journeys in the world. Following the route of the Urubamba river to the cloud forest that surrounds Machu Picchu you will enjoy the beautiful landscapes of the high Andes along the route. Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes you will be greeted by your guide and will go directly to Machu Picchu for your guided tour of the site.
Machu Picchu, a beautiful Inca citadel built in the 15th century by the Inca Pachacutec, this impressive archaeological monument was considered a royal treasure destined for the cult of the gods, built as a refuge for the most select of the Incaica aristocracy, considered one of the 7 wonders of the world since 2007 and located at an altitude of 2400 meters in the valley of the Urubamba River, visiting this place will be for you an unforgettable experience never imagined.
Day 01 Sacred Valley of the Incas – Aguas Calientes.
Pick up from your accommodation, in the morning around 8:00 am, first we go to the handicraft market of Pisaq, then we will ascend to the archeological complex of Pisaq from the top of the mountain you can appreciate the beauty of this valley To appreciate the architectural skills of the Incas.
Then we will continue through the valley to the small town of Urubamba where we will stop to enjoy the buffet lunch, later we will continue the trip to the Inca city of Ollantaytambo that preserves its streets and Inca houses made of stone. We ascend to the top of the Inca grandstands of this wonderful archaeological complex of great importance for its natural beauty, and its strategic location, since from there you can appreciate the whole valley.
Day 02 Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco.
After the coordinations made with your guide the night before; Early we will go to the bus station to board the one that will take us to the citadel of Machu Picchu. Once in the Sanctuary the guide will explain the meaning and history of each of the places of this Inca complex for about 2 and a half hours, then you will have free time to walk on your own and take pictures. Then we will return to Aguas Calientes for lunch (not included in the tour) and rest a little before returning.
Finally we will go to the train station to board the one that will take you back to Ollantaytambo, where we will be waiting for you with the transport to bring you to your hotel in the city of Cusco.
During the tour we will visit:
- Pisaq Archaeological Complex.
- Artisan Market of Pisaq.
- Archaeological Complex of Ollantaytambo.
- Historic sanctuary of Machu Picchu
After visiting Ollantaytambo, we stayed at the train station to board your train to Aguas Calientes where our assistant will be waiting for you to accommodate you in your accommodation and coordinate with you your visit to Machu Picchu Park for the following day.
Included in the Sacred Valley + Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days
- Transfer in from the airport to your hotel the day of your arrival to Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency).
- On Day 1: Guided Sacred Valley tour from Cusco to visit Pisac Market & Ruins and Ollantaytambo.
- Lunch on first day.
- Entrance tickets to visit Sacred Valley.
- Train ticket at 4.36 pm or 7:00 pm, from Ollantaytambo, (in high season the train times may be slightly different due to availability).
- Reception and Transfer to Muyurina Hotel.
- Breakfast on second day.
- Bus tickets – round trip
- Entrance Ticket for Machu Picchu citadel.
- Guided tour in English (approx 2-3 hours )
- Train return (generally 18:20 pm) to Ollantaytambo and transport on to Cusco (in high season the train times may be slightly different due to availability).
- Transfer to your Hotel in Cusco.
- Transfer out from your hotel to the airport the day you will leave Cusco (Courtesy of the Travel Agency)
Not Included in the Trip
- Meals, not mentioned above.
- Entrance to the thermal baths (S / 10 soles).
- Entrance to Waynapicchu or Machupicchu Mountain ($ 20 USD optional).
- Things not mentioned above.
Packaging List Sacred Valley + Machu Picchu Tour 2 Days
- It is only necessary to carry a small backpack (luggage limit 10kg, this is established by Perurail.)
- Bring your original passport
- Water to drink 1.5 liters
- Camera with memories and battery full charged
- Poncho for rain
- A change of clothes
- Basic toiletries
- Insect repellent.
- Sunscreen / sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses with UV protection
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable shoes or hiking boots
- ISIC student card if applicable
- Have checks and coins handy in small denominations soles or dollars.
Students: ISIC CARD (Students require an International Student Identity Card and must be under 25 years of age)
WAYNA PICCHU / HUAYNA PICCHU – MACHU PICCHU
If you are interested in including the ascent of the Huayna Picchu during your visit to Machu Picchu, please note that there are new regulations and permits have to be purchased in advance. The cost of having a Machu Picchu entrance, which includes the permits to climb to Huayna Picchu is $ 20 extra and we must have this in writing and confirmed at the time of your reservation. As this is a new cost and regulation we are still putting this option on the booking website so we only indicate in the comments for the moment.
There is a limit of only 400 permits to climb the Huayna Picchu and only 200 people are allowed to enter each of the 2 sessions scheduled for 7 and 10 in the morning. The guide will organize the tour of Machu Picchu around the villages of the ascent to Huayna Picchu depending on the number in the group have permits. Please note the entrance to Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu to allow you to find your name and passport details that are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Last minute bookings of this trip, you will possibly lose your permit in high season, so please book and pay in advance.
Feel free to ask about other services like hotel, accommodation and other tours.
The Machu Picchu Tour is available on any date:
Group Service or Shared Service:
US $ 385.00 per person
US $ 400.00 per person (from 2 to 8 people).
- People of Peruvian, Ecuadorian, Bolivian and Colombian nationalities are eligible for a special discount because they are members of the CAN – $20.00
- Students:$ 20.00 (Students require a valid International Student Identity Card – ISIC).
- Teenagers: $ 20.00 (up to 17 years of age, a copy of passport is required for all reservations).
- Children: $ 20.00(up to 7 years old, passport copy required for all reservations).
- Additional Night in Aguas Calientes: After hiking for 4 days, some people prefer to spend the 4th night in Aguas Calientes instead of returning to Cusco right away. This can give you more time to enjoy the ruins of Machu Picchu, relax in the hot springs in Aguas Calientes, and in general not have to worry about the time. This option is also good for those who want to climb Huayna Picchu but want to have some time to rest after the hike, so you can return to Machu Picchu the next day to climb Huayna Picchu Mountain. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about options and prices.
- Vistadome Train: Our price includes the train ticket in the Expedition Service however, if you would like to upgrade to the Vistadome train the price is an additional $55 USD per person.
The Sacred Valley of the Incas is formed by the Urubamba River when it connects the complex of Pisaq with that of Ollantaytambo, which in turn was part of the Natural Way that, following the river, led us to Machu Picchu.
PISAQ: Located 33 km from Cusco, this picturesque city is famous for its handicrafts and its Sunday market, where the “Varayoq” or mayors of the different communities gather to listen to Mass dressed in their best clothes and carrying the staff that symbolizes their command . Pisaq can be classified in three parts: the military, formed by the fortress and the barracks of the soldiers; The Religious, conformed by the Sanctuary and the Temple of the Sun.
The superb stone remains that Pisaq treasures, among them the splendid Intiwatana, are located in the highest part of the sacred valley of the Inkas, presenting a great system of terraces, staircases and monolithic portals, polished asillas quadrangular.
URUBAMBA: One hour’s drive from the city of Cusco is the Urubamba River Valley or the famous Sacred Valley of Inkas.
In the time of the Inkas, the Sacred Valley was the agricultural pantry of the Inkas, because in their rich lands until now the best quality maize in the world is grown okay to own the largest grains and foodstuffs.
Its geography is dominated by the peaks of the Vilcanota mountain range, terraces and tourist attractions of the first level. Also for its peculiar conformation is ideal for adventure sports such as boating, mountain biking, free flying or hiking.
OLLANTAYTAMBO: The typical village is located at the northern end of the Sacred Valley and very close to Machu Picchu, named after the cacique Ollanta famous for its romance with the daughter of Inka Pachakuteq, Kusi qoyllor.
From there come numerous food resources for Cusco, such as fruits and agricultural products, as well as exotic birds that adorned their royal feathers with their feathers. Where we can appreciate this complete the numerous rooms and large deposits of Food strategically kept.
One of the better preserved areas extends to the north of the square hanan huakaypata, conformed by 15 manzanas of houses raised on walls of carved stone. In the vast archaeological complex located on the hill overlooking the village, buildings like the temple of the sun, the royal salon or mañarakay, the inkawatana and the baths of the princess stand out. It stands out the six enormous stone blocks perfectly united, in addition to the enigmatic “tired stones” constituted by half a hundred big rectangular rocks, carved and extracted of a quarry of the place and abandoned in the way.