Machu Picchu hosts many tourist attractions such as the Intihuatana, the Temple of the Condor, the Puerta del Sol, the Temple of the 3 Windows, among others. However, the biggest attraction year after year is the Huayna Picchu. The climb up this mountain is considered one of the most incredible short walks in the world. Due to this, many visitors wish to obtain the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Ticket, the only ticket that allows entry. How to get the ticket to Waynapicchu on time? Here are some tips to get the ticket on time and live the best of the experiences in the Wonder of the World.
What is Huayna Picchu?
Also known as Waynapicchu, it is the mountain that guards the Inca Citadel in the northern part of the enclosure. It is located 2,720 meters above sea level (m.s.n.m.), almost 300 meters above the Inca site. More than 600 years ago, on the edges of the mountain, the Incas built stone paths. In addition, they built a cave called the Temple of the Moon, a place of worship at the top of the Wonder of the World. Climbing to the top of this summit is not easy. Roads are steep on the edge of heart-stopping cliffs and, above all, tickets are hard to come by.
Today, ascending the roads of the Huayna Picchu mountain is considered one of the most incredible short walks in the world. This is due to the adventure of crossing the narrow roads next to amazing ravines and surrounded by abundant flora and fauna. Also for the splendid landscape that can only be glimpsed from the top. For many travelers, Machu Picchu would not be the same without the visit to Waynapicchu. The only way to experience this adventure is by booking the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Ticket in time.
The Machu Picchu Ticket + Huayna Picchu
The ticket also allows entry to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu. Only 400 people can enter the Waynapicchu mountain every day. This with the purpose of safeguarding the integrity of the tourist and the same Inca site. Visitors enter into two groups, or two different schedules of 200 people each
- Group 1 entry: 07:00 a.m. at 08:00 a.m. (200 people)
- Group 2 entry: 10:00 a.m. at 11:00 a.m. (200 people)
After touring the Waynapicchu mountain, tourists who entered Group 1 can stay at Machu Picchu until 01:00 p.m. Group 2, until 02:00 p.m. The Inca site opens its doors from 06:00 a.m. so the visitor has enough time to know both tourist attractions: Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu. The latter is only allowed for people over 12 years old.
Why book on time?
The Ticket Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu is the fastest that runs out due to high demand and the few available spaces. Thus it is necessary to make the reservation with time in advance. How long before is indicated? This depends on when you plan to visit: in the low season of tourism (from October to March) or in high season of tourism (from March to October)
- Low season of tourism: 2 months in advance.
- High season of tourism: 4 months in advance or more.
Tips for booking on time and how to do it
There are many tourists who can not enter the Waynapicchu mountain. This was mainly because they could not book the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Ticket in time. What to do to secure a ticket to the ‘Young Mountain’? The most important thing is to follow all the steps on time. Here are some tips:
- Book the ticket online and not when you are in Cusco or Machu Picchu.
- Check availability in real time on our web platform before making the reservation. Remember that you must do it 2 months in advance during the low tourist season and 4 months in high season.
- Verify that your documents (passport, identity document, university card, etc.) are updated at the time of booking.
- Make the respective payment through PayPal once the reservation is made. This electronic payment system allows any credit or debit card. It is fast and safe.
- Verify that the data issued on the ticket matches those of the identity document or passport with which you made the reservation
Once you have reserved the Machu Picchu + Huayna Picchu Ticket in time, you only have to present it in print or on a digital device (Tablet, Smartphone) on the day of your visit. The Waynapicchu mountain is one of the most incredible experiences you can experience in the Wonder of the World. To enjoy it to the fullest, pay attention to the following tips:
- The roads of Huayna Picchu have signage and safety ropes. For its own sake, tourists should follow established trails and not risk their lives, challenging nature.
- After securing the ticket to Waynapicchu, do the same with the train tickets if that is the way you want to get to the Inca site.
- If you chose group 1 of income to Waynapicchu, it is necessary to spend the night in the town of Aguas Calientes so that you can be early in the hour of admission the following day.
- If you chose group 2 to join Waynapicchu, take the train very early if you do not want to spend the night in Aguas Calientes.
- To ascend the Huayna Picchu take only what is necessary such as water in a canteen, hat, sun block, camera, snacks, etc. Only one backpack with a maximum of 5 kilos is allowed.
- Only those over 12 years old can ascend to the Huayna Picchu mountain. It is not necessary to have an excellent physical form. The most important thing is the desire to reach the top