The identity document or passport are the basic documents to acquire the entrance to Machu Picchu. Students also need a university card to access a special discount. These documents must be valid, at least, until the date of the visit to the Inca City of Machu Picchu.
Why do you need documents to buy the entrance to Machu Picchu?
- The Machu Picchu ticket contains certain visitor information such as: names, nationality, type and document number.
- On the day of entering the Wonder of the World, these data must match the information on the visitor’s identity document. If not, it will prevent access to Machu Picchu.
- In the case of students, the university card allows them to access a special discount in Machu Picchu on the normal entrance price.
- These required documents are used exclusively to carry out the purchase process at the Ministry of Culture of Cusco, entity in charge of the sale of tickets to Machu Picchu.
Documents required to acquire the Machu Picchu ticket
The most important documents are the passport or the identity document. Among other documents you need:
- Foreign adult: Passport.
- National adult (Peruvian): National Identity Document (D.N.I).
- Adult of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN): National Identity Document.
- Foreign student: Current university card.
- National student (Peruvian): Current university card.
- Under 18 years old: Identity card or national identity document.
- Under 8 years: Do not pay! They only have to present the identity document that certifies their age.
What documents show the day of entry to Machu Picchu?
On the day of entering Machu Picchu, the authorities will ask for your entry along with the identity document or passport with which you made your reservation.
University students, in addition to the ticket and the identity document, must present the current university card.
Children under 8 years old do not pay. However, the day of entering Machu Picchu, parents must show an identity document certifying their age.
It is necessary to print the electronic ticket and show your original identity document at the Machu Picchu control post
Is the ISIC card valid to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is a document designed for university students. This card is accepted in several countries of the world to access various discounts.
Unfortunately, in Machu Picchu the ISIC card is not accepted as a valid document to access the student discount. The valid university card issued by the university is the only valid document for this benefit.
How to send the documents to buy the Machu Picchu ticket?
There are 2 ways to buy the entrance to Machu Picchu
- At the authorized agencies in Cusco
- In the city of Cusco there are several authorized agencies to acquire the entrance to Machu Picchu. The passport or the identity document are the documents that will ask you to make the purchase of the ticket. Students access a discount by presenting their valid university card.
- The authorized agencies are:
- Garcilaso Street s / n Cusco – Peru.
- Desconcertada Address of Culture of Cusco – Calle Maruri 324, Cusco.
- Pachacutec Avenue s / n Aguas Calientes, Cusco.
- In the authorized agencies by internet.
The agencies that offer Machu Picchu tickets online must be authorized by the Ministry of Culture of Peru. The valid documents are the passport, the national identity document or the university card.
The sending of documents is done by email. The documents must be in digital format (photo or legible copy). After making the reservation and making the payment, you will receive the tickets in PDF format. You should only print them and present them on the day of the visit.
Book your ticket at andeanperutreks.com, the number 1 website for ticket sales Machu Picchu. The sending of documents is to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do I need the Andean Migration Card (TAM)?
The TAM is a document that every visitor receives when entering one of the countries of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN): Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia.
This document (TAM) is necessary during the purchase of the Machu Picchu ticket. In this way, the authorities of Peru verify the entry and exit of each visitor.
After purchasing the Machu Picchu ticket, you must send a legible digital image or copy of the TAM. This is valid for both air and land entry.
Did you book your ticket with us? Do not forget to send a copy or digital image of the TAM to email@example.com once in Peru.
Where to buy the entrance to Machu Picchu?
Andean Peru Treks is a travel agency duly accredited by the Regional Directorate of Tourism and the Municipality of Cusco.
We are authorized to sell tickets for both adults and students. We carry out the process with absolute guarantee.
We have an SSL security system on the Internet, which guarantees the privacy of all the documentation and information that we sent during the booking process.
Remember that without the documents it is not possible to make the purchase of your entrance ticket. After making your reservation and filling out the form, you should only send a digital copy of your passport, identity document or university card
Frequently asked questions about the documents in Machu Picchu
- What documents should be sent by foreigners residing in another country? The basic document is the passport or the identity document. In the case of foreigners residing in Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia; You can access discount Machu Picchu ticket by presenting your immigration card.
- Does the registration or library card apply to access the university student discount? No. The only valid document to buy the Machu Picchu ticket for a student is the valid university card. Neither the registration card, nor the library or the ISIC apply for the discount.
- Is it safe to send personal documents over the internet? The security during the purchase process of the Machu Picchu entrance depends on the website where you make the reservation. In boletomachupicchu.com we have an SSL security system, which guarantees the privacy of the information.
- What documents to send to access the discounts for citizens of the Andean Community of Nations (CAN)? To access the discount for CAN citizens: Peru, Colombia, Ecuador or Bolivia; You must send a copy or digital photo of the identity card, passport or current immigration card.
- What document is necessary to make the payment online? The payment of the Machu Picchu ticket online is done through PayPal. This payment method accepts Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards. In addition, only the passport number or identity document is needed.
- Is the university card used for any other discount in Machu Picchu? The university card also serves to access other discounts in Cusco and Machu Picchu. The main discounts are on the normal price of the Tourist Ticket of Cusco and the tickets to the Inca Trail.