There are many people who want to come to Machu Picchu and if you add to this the people who have already been and who want to return, you will understand that there are “many” people who want to be in Machu Picchu; and in case you did not know, there are two things more important than the others in a trip to Machu Picchu; If you are planning to travel to Machu Picchu soon, the first thing you should do is book Machu Picchu tickets and train tickets. There have been cases of people with tickets to enter the Inca city of Machu Picchu and no way to get there; Well, if you do not enter the Sacred Valley of the Incas by train, the only way you will have to get to Machu Picchu is by walking the trails of the Inca Trail for 4 days.
How to book train tickets to Machu Picchu?
You can reserve the tickets through the web pages of the companies in charge of the train service to Machu Picchu. Peru Rail and Inca Rail are the authorized companies for the transfer of passengers to Machu Picchu and, like the Machu Picchu tickets, the places available on the trains are very limited. If you prefer, we can organize all your trip to Machu Picchu, this will avoid having to deal with the meticulous organization that is needed for a trip to Machu Picchu.
When to book train tickets to Machu Picchu?
You must book the train tickets immediately after reserving the Machu Picchu tickets, since if you do not come on an organized tour, this is the only way you can ensure your entrance to the wonder of Machu Picchu. In addition, booking in advance will allow you to choose the service that you like the most and not have to buy (compulsorily) the most expensive services. The high season in Machu Picchu (June, July, August) demands that Machu Picchu tickets and train tickets must be booked a few months in advance
Machu Picchu on your own
If you are thinking of coming to Machu Picchu on your own, this is the order you should follow when making your reservations:
- Book the Machu Picchu tickets; Please note that Machu Picchu ticket that includes the Huayna Picchu mountain will need at least 6 weeks in advance. Here you can find out how to buy Machu Picchu tickets. Remember that there are only 2,500 tickets available to enter Machu Picchu.
- Book train tickets; Booking in advance will allow you to choose the service; cheaper services tend to run out much sooner.
- Book airplane tickets; Although this is very important, you can not reserve them before knowing your date of entry to Machu Picchu. But booking them in advance can allow you to get a discount on prices.
- Reserve your lodging; While you can wait to get to Cusco to book your hotels in Cusco and / or Aguas Calientes, the high season (from June to August) demands that they must also be reserved well in advance.
- Book a guide; It’s fine, this can wait for when you’re in Machu Picchu, but coming during the high season demands that you also have to book it in advance. At the entrance to Machu Picchu you can find dozens of guides eager to guide you; however, a bad guide can ruin your trip to Machu Picchu. So if you want to ensure an insightful and fun guide, we recommend you book one with us. A “good guiding service in Machu Picchu” can make your trip the best cultural experience of your life.
- Book extra experiences; To get to Machu Picchu you must go through the city of Cusco, and this offers great experiences. If you are already on your way to Machu Picchu, why not make the most of your time and enjoy excellent experiences in Cusco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas. These can be reserved upon arrival in Cusco, unless it is clear that you come during the high season.
Machu Picchu in an organized tour
The detailed organization that needs the trip to Machu Picchu makes many people choose to book a full tour to Machu Picchu; If it’s your first time, this is your best option. If you would like us to organize your trip to Machu Picchu, please contact us at email@example.com. We have made thousands of people have the trip of a lifetime in Machu Picchu.